Saturday, April 3, 2010

Survived the ACL surgery!

Last Thursday, we woke up early and went to Precision Surgery Center in Fremont to replace the ACL and MCL on my left knee. We arrived bright and early at 6am for a 8am start. 2.5 hours later, Anna picked me up and went home.

Learning from experience from the last surgery on my right knee, I went with an allograft which is a cadaver ligament for replacement instead of doing the hamstring graft. The last recovery was fairly difficult because essentially, I had to recover from 2 injuries (ACL and hamstring). Also this time, instead of staying overnight and incurring large hospital expenses, I decided not to stay overnight. One big plus from this was that because I was only hooked up to the IV for less than 2.5 hours, I was not as bloated.

The first day was not bad at all.. that was until I found out that I had a bad reaction to Darvocit (pain killer). I felt really bloated, had chest pains and bad muscle spasms with uncontrolled hiccups. I also had nausea and felt like throwing up the whole day. I tried Vicodin late last night and all the symptoms went away. Note to self.. no more Darvocit.

Started rehab yesterday. Wish me luck!




No comments: