Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thankful

It's been a while since I've (Anna) posted, but as Josh said in the previous entry, we've been busy! We can't believe our little guy is 6 1/2 months old already. My how time flies! Ryan is such a happy baby, curious, and unbelievably active. We attribute that last one to more than him just being a boy; if you haven't noticed, we aren't ones to sit still for long!

Josh & I are grateful & humbled that we've been blessed with this little ball of energy. It's been a joy watching him grow up & discover things - most recently - his toes. (Little man likes to grab & suck on them during a diaper change, LOL!) Ryan has filled a place in our lives we never knew was missing. One of the reasons we had him fairly late in life - not that we're old or anything, but we've been married almost 9 years now - was that I wasn't ready to give up my life. In other words, I wanted to stay selfish with my time, go run when I wanted to, hang out with friends on the spur of the moment, etc. And truth be told, in the beginning I was a little resentful how my life became an on-demand-nursing-machine overnight, but now, I don't mind at all. Waking up at 3:30am to start the day? Done. Going to bed early - even on the weekend? Done. I haven't missed my "old" life that much because life now is so much better.

There are still days that Josh & I look at each other and ask, "Can you believe he's really ours?" Because Ryan is just the best. gift. ever.

1 comment:

iamyvonne said...

Awwww...that warmed my heart! =) Ryan is very lucky to have you guys as parents! I am glad you are enjoying parenthood! =)