It's been a little over 3.5 weeks now and rehab continues. Flexion and extension are both very good at over 130 degrees and -5 respectively but there's still pain and numbness associated with both my sciatic nerve (close to where the screw is placed) and also my IT band. The numbness has been bugging me when I sleep and walk and is a bit irritating.
The muscle atrophy on my quadricep even with the pre-op quad exercises are pretty severe. Anna noticed that my left leg is so much bigger than my right. I am doing a ton of leg raises, extensions and starting to do body weight squats. It's going be to a long process to rebuild all the muscles.
The other piece of good news is a lot of the pain and swelling are going away. I definitely look forward to being able to run and exercise again... Hopefully, my full recovery will be closer to the 6 months rather than 9!
No comments:
Post a Comment