Wednesday, August 6, 2008

it could be worse but it sure feels wobbly!

Hey my first post in our own blog! How about that!

Went to a top rated local orthopedic surgeon today to review the MRI of my right knee. I've been hobbling around since Saturday due to a sports injury. Note to self - land on your butt next time and not your leg! (especially on 1 leg). My buddy Renel was nice enough to take me to the emergency to get XRays since all the guys said they heard a pop when I landed. X-Rays showed negative. I saw Dr Bell on Monday and got the MRI done yesterday. The pictures from the MRI showed that both the miniscus and the MCL survived. The ACL was a whole another story. A complete tear and it looked like a mess. Dr Bell thinks that it was because of my previous partial ACL tear. The sad thing was they showed a video of what they do to fix the ACL and I was really grossed out.. from the drilling, to the the pin they shove through and hook on the bone to the grafting from the hamstring, etc. Very graphic stuff that kinda made me gag.

I start PT tomorrow. They need to get the range of motion up to aout 120 degrees and also reduce the swelling since my knee cap is still lost in the swelling. It's also very stiff and I need to ask what kinda cardio I can do so I don't gain like 50 lbs! Once all of that is done, they will operate and they said typically 6-8 months, I will be hooping again! Almost sounds like a pregancy eh??? (well not quite!! - Luv you honey!)

Onto brighter notes, a bunch of us got invited to display our cars and party with the Gumballers (http://www.gumball3000.com/rally) this weekend since it's the start of the rally. They want us to sticker up our cars, attend the party at night and start off the rally with them on Saturday morning. Maybe it's just because I'm old (and hobbling) but partying it up just doesn't interest me anymore.... strange times.

So probably instead partying with the gumballers, I am going to just attend the ferrari challenge races in Laguna Seca on Sunday. The F430 is begging to be driven!

Will post pictures of both the knee and the weekend.

Josh

No comments: