It's nice to know what he's up to, and according to Babycenter.com this is what he's doing:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.
Uh, that last part was maybe too much info, but heck, nice to know he's developing his boy-ness. This is what I've been able to observe of him so far:
- He's not a fan of me sleeping on my right side. If I move too quickly to the right, or I sleep on that side for an extended period of time, he reminds me to move back by kicking. A lot. And hard. Not pleasant in the middle of the night.
- Unlike my SIL's little one, he's not active after I eat. As a matter of fact, he goes into a food coma
- He just loves kicking and we knew it from the first ultrasound (see bottom right picture). It's fun watching my stomach ripple across, although I still get a bit queasy some mornings and his kicking really doesn't help.
- He's usually head down, or as my OB pointed out, he's not directionally challenged. Hope he continues to hang out in that position.
No comments:
Post a Comment